Warehouses need to undergo constant evaluation for their efficiency and workflow. Occasionally a warehouse will need to undergo a complete transformation. This may happen when:
- Warehouse operations haven’t been properly evaluated or updated for many years
- Your business starts handling more SKUs or a different type of product
- You move into a new space and need to get it set up for your team
DAK Equipment in Milwaukee can help you transform your warehouse. Three of the things we recommend most often to warehouse managers and owners are the addition of modular offices, mezzanines, and pallet shelves into their space. These three warehouse items play a major role in the setup and operations of your space and adding them can completely transform your warehouse. They can help you work more efficiently, safely, and get more done. Here’s how:
- Mezzanines. These setups add square footage to your warehouse without an expensive or messy construction project. You’ll be able to take advantage of the overhead area and add a second (or even third) floor inside of your warehouse. Expand your operations with additional shelving, office space, storage, or even pack areas.
- Modular offices. This can be one of the easiest and most affordable ways to transform your space. Modular offices can be used not only as office space for your team, either. You can add a break room, a clean room, or employee locker room in as little as a weekend.
- Pallet shelves. Having the right shelving in your warehouse is the first step to having a warehouse that meets your needs. If you struggle to create enough storage or it takes your team a long time to find the merchandise that they need on your current shelves, we can help. DAK Equipment can also make sure you are getting the right pallet shelves for your new space.
Using one of these is great, but using all three can lead to total transformation for your warehouse. Simply throwing these items into your Milwaukee warehouse isn’t going to be enough, though. You’ll need to make a comprehensive plan that takes into consideration the kind of products you are working with, the size of your warehouse, the goals you have, and the budget that you are working with for the warehouse makeover. One thing that many warehouse managers overlook is that in most cases, you will end up recouping the cost of your warehouse transformation over the long run; the increased production and efficiency will pay for the expenses of any equipment and downtime that you need to complete the new setup.
Don’t put off your warehouse transformation any longer! Make it the goal for your business to in the New Year to evaluation, design, and implement a new warehouse setup. DAK Equipment & Engineering has the warehouse design, sales, and installation services you need. Get in touch with us over the phone or through our website. Our project managers will work with you to deliver exactly what you need! You’ll appreciate their experience, knowledge, and expertise that comes from years of working with other Milwaukee warehouses. Start your transformation today!