Wire decking is one of the most useful pieces of warehouse equipment you’ll find. We recommend this hard-working equipment to a number of our clients for many different reasons, and they are almost always pleased with their investment. If you’re looking for a way to improve your warehouse, wire decking might be a smart addition to your pallet systems. Here are some of the benefits you’ll get to enjoy!
Ready for These Wire Decking Benefits?
- It’s fire-safe. A lot of fire marshalls are cracking down on the use of wood to create support within your pallet racks. It’s a horrible fire hazard. Wire decking, though, won’t help fuel the flames, so you can feel good about putting it into your warehouse and staying out of trouble with your local fire marshall.
- It creates more storage options on your pallet racking. Instead of relying on pallets alone for storage, you’ll be able to safely and securely store cartons and smaller items. This expands the usefulness of your pallet racking and helps you maximize your storage space.
- It creates great visibility. The wire decking it’s going to block your line-of-sight in the warehouse as much as wooden platforms would, so you’ll still be able to see on your shelves. This can help prevent lost items and help with inventory counting. You’ll be able to look up and down at shelving without losing all of your visibility.
- You can add accessories. This helps you make your shelving racks even more useful and organized. Look for hanging dividers, carton stops, and so much more. DAK Equipment can supply you with anything that you need.
- It’s easy to clean. Wire decking can be quickly scrubbed with soap, water, and a wire brush if you need to really get deep-down clean. Or, just hose it off with a garden hose. Most wire decking is resistant to rust so it’s easy to clean. Clean it in place or take it outside and reinstalled when it’s dry!
Find the Wire Decking That’s Right for Your Warehouse
By and large, you’ll be able to purchase just about any wire decking and have it cut-to-size for your pallet racks. This makes it easy to purchase and install wire decking in your warehouse or distribution center. That doesn’t mean that all wire decking is the same, though. Some wire decking is flare decking, which has support channels to accommodate boxes. Inverted channels keep food and dirt from collecting in the crevices. That means that if your warehouse has specialized needs, there is a wire decking for you. For instance, if you need something with low friction, look for eletro-plated iron decking. An upturned-waterfall decking will prevent cartons from sliding out the back of your pallets. There are plenty of options out there; talk to a warehouse equipment expert at DAK Equipment & Engineering to learn more about your options and to find the right wire decking for your needs.
Call About Wire Decking Today!
Are you ready to find the right wire decking for your warehouse? Then it’s time to get in touch with the DAK Equipment & Engineering team. Give us a call or contact us through our website. We’ll find the project manager who serves your area and can work with you to find the wire decking that’s made from the right material and has the right features for your warehouse or distribution center. It’s an affordable investment into your warehouse that can pay off for years to come. Contact us by giving us a call or contacting us through our website to make a wire decking purchase from DAK Equipment & Engineering today!