When it comes to warehouse equipment, there are a lot of options out there. From different brands to style to various warehousing solutions, you’ll be spoiled for choice. The most popular piece of warehouse equipment, by far, is pallet rack shelving. You’ll be hard pressed to find a warehouse that doesn’t have some pallet racking somewhere. It’s incredibly useful not only for pallets but with a few additions it can be just as useful for storing cartons and other items. But pallet rack shelving isn’t the only thing you need in order to create a functional, smoothly-running warehouse environment. Here are five more recommendations from our warehouse consultants about the equipment you might want to consider adding to your space.
Additional Warehouse Equipment to Optimize Your Space
- Upright protection. Adding protection to your pallet shelves can increase their lifespan, protecting them from damage from forklifts and other heavy equipment. It also adds an additional layer of protection for your employees and costs very little to implement in your warehouse. You’ll love how it reduced your costs for repair and replacement, paying for itself several times over.
- A prefabricated office. Quickly add a break room or additional office space to your warehouse with a prefabricated office. No one wants their desk in the middle of the warehouse and they don’t want to eat their lunch in the warehouse, either. Give workers a space of their own with this fast, easy and inexpensive option. It’s a great boost to morale, not to mention a much less expensive way to add functionality to your warehouse.
- Industrial lockers. No one shows up to work empty handed. Give your employees a safe place to store their personal items on the job. DAK Equipment sells a variety of industrial lockers suitable for any facility, whether you need basic lockers for the break room or something state-of-the-art for secure storage. Many options can even be customized!
- Industrial conveyor systems. Conveyors are one of the most efficient ways to move items in your warehouse from point A to point B. You don’t have to waste human labor on something that an automated conveyor can do for you. Once the conveyor is in place, it can be cost savings to your company, not to mention help move items through the picking and packing process much faster. Conveyors can be customized to your warehouse space, so no matter what your set up is like, there is a way to automate your product movement.
- Mezzanine level. One of the biggest concerns for many warehouses is running out of space for storage. A mezzanine level can effectively double your square footage without the need for an expensive expansion of your current space. You’ll be utilizing the overhead space of your warehouse, where you can add pallet racking shelving, a picking area, a modular office, or whatever else your warehouse needs to operate at peak efficiency.
Take Your Warehouse from Good to Great
What else do you think a good warehouse needs in order to become a great warehouse? It’s a different answer for every warehouse. Whatever it is, though, DAK Equipment & Engineering has it. We’d love to talk to you about your warehousing needs, whether you are looking for warehouse equipment to help you fulfill orders faster or for optimization solutions that help you get as much use out of every inch of your space. You can get in touch with our team by giving us a call or contacting us through our website. One of our warehouse equipment specialists or project managers will get back with you right away to help you find the warehouse equipment that takes your space from good to great.