We’ve written a lot about how great carton flow racks can be in the warehouse and distribution center environment! They can help reduce touches and are ideal for your pick line. And these racks really are great, but only if they stay organized. You don’t want to break open a pallet of products, transfer it to a carton flow rack, and end up with a jumble of items. Fortunately, DAK Equipment & Engineering has the carton flow rack bins and boxes that you need to keep everything organized and keep orders going out the door, error free.
The Issue with Disorganized Carton Flow Racks
When your carton flow racks are chaos, it can create a number of issues that can affect the profits of your warehouse:
- Lost inventory. When racks are messy, you run a much higher risk of losing merchandise. Inventory counts will be off and you’ll end up writing off items that have been misplaced, driving up your costs. Chaotic shelves are more prone to theft, too, because employees assume that you won’t miss those items.
- Slower pick times. Messy racks also slow down your pick and pack lines, because items can’t immediately be located and workers have to spend their time searching for them. This is an especially big issue for materials handling facilities that are dealing with smaller items.
- Higher error rates. When your racks are a mess, it’s harder for teams to locate the correct items or even to know that the item they’ve grabbed is the right one. That leads to higher error rates, which means more unsatisfied customers, more returned orders, and ultimately, the risk of losing business.
How to Keep Your Carton Flow Racks Organized
Thankfully, you can count on DAK Equipment to have the perfect solution. Check out the carton flow rack bins and boxes available in our online store. We carry plastic and corrugated bins and boxes as well cabinets of bins so keep all of your smaller items perfectly sorted, labeled, and organized. Workers will be able to locate that needed part in seconds, and at a glance, they’ll be able to determine which items need to be restocked for the next shift. Organization is key when it comes to an efficient facility, and these bins and boxes are the perfect places to start. Other tips to keep you organized include:
- Keep everything labeled. If something moves, make sure the label goes with it. This helps everyone see where items are and locate them as quickly as possible.
- Automate wherever possible. Machines are less likely to make simple errors, so automating your picking process can help decrease your error rate and get orders out the door faster.
- Perform random inventory checks. This helps keep things organized, discourages theft, and gives employees a chance to straighten shelves and locate lost items. Ditch the once-a-year model and check on inventory levels more often.
Place an Order for Bins and Boxes From DAK Today
If chaotic carton flow racking is slowing down your warehouse, it’s time to place an order for bins and boxes from DAK Equipment & Engineering. We have all the pallet shelf and carton flow rack organization accessories you need ready to ship in our online store. You’ll love the selection as well as our prices and the fact that our huge selection helps you find customized storage solutions.
Have questions about a specific item in our online store? Need more information about organizing your carton flow racks? Give the DAK team a call or contact us through our website and we’ll make sure you have the information that you need and help you place your order today!